Sunday, July 24, 2011

Too many days since my last blog and too much of everything else. Things are incredibly busy the past few days and are going to stay that way for the next couple months. The immediate reason is that I'm moving out of my apartment. The new place is just about half a mile away and so it isn't a terrible logistical switch. And I'll only have one roommate rather than the current three. The difference is that after about the first three weeks of the new living arrangement I'm getting married to my new roommate. This will add a new wrinkle to any roomie squabbles that follow because the stakes are a little big more long lasting than a squabble about dirty dishes with a person who is summer subletting or lives in the room down the hall.

I'm ok with this.

We have already spent many weekends living at each other's apartments. We've also started evaluating our belongings before and during the first stages of the moving process and she is ok with a lot of my stuff. Me likewise with hers. Our tastes conflict on some points but in general it is a good mix. Though I am not sure she is ok with a stuffed moose head in the family room. This is probably an understandable point of discussion.

Luckily our romance contains much understanding regarding storing such eclectic and fun things as animals in various states of life (her cat) and afterlife (my bears and lake trout)

The location of where the moose will remain dead is still in question. The soon-to-arrive mountain lion is another story. Details pending delivery.

All that fun aside, I'm glad that I'm getting married. It is and ending less sudden than being shot. And much, much more pleasurable. But kidding aside, we're both looking forward to it. I'm glad to be losing several roommates, not that they are rotten people, I'm just glad not to have to live with strangers anymore. I think that we'll have a good time together in our new place, Mrs. Indy and I. And her cat will love the view from the moose's antlers!

No comments: